Friday, February 17, 2017
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Yesterday, as the non-producing rain clouds blew through (sad face), we headed out to the archery range for the fifth week in a row. For the past couple of years I have been in search of a sport that my boys would attach to. We have tried martial arts, soccer, tennis, swimming, baseball, and, the most recent, fencing. So we went to the next on the list which happened to be archery.
On our first day, the coach said something very important to them. "It is about doing your best. It will come naturally to you." Boy, was she right! For the first time I saw smiles on their faces unlike any other. They weren't competing with each other, or feeling intimidated by the professional competitors that were shooting beside them, they were truly striving for their best.
Created this felt wreath this morning before digging into the days work. Will be sharing it in my next DIY recipe on Monday.
Wishing you a fabulous day of being your best!
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Whether it decides to rain or not today, there are things to be done, places to go, and (at the moment) coffee to be sipped on. After all is said and done today, may be a good time to finish up the raccoon felt piece I have been working on. It is currently without eyes, one of the more difficult pieces to place on these critters. Too far in they are cross-eyed and too far out they no longer resemble eyes. If I happen to find the right placement I will share her tomorrow.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
That time of year when hearts are plentiful and, as a crafter, you are digging into some handmade projects as often as possible, maybe with a few hearts?
Over the years I have sold these mini felt hearts in my shop and love them to "pieces". They have been used as card embellishments (check out this one here, so amazing), scrapbook embellishments, tiny flowers, and party confetti to name a few.
What would you create?
Today, being that it is Valentine's Day, thought it would be fitting to share a new tutorial format I hope to keep sharing with you each week. Being that I typically follow recipes for baking and cooking, thought this would be a great format for DIY craft projects as well.
So let's roll up the sleeves, clear some space on the craft table and dive right in to our first recipe.
If you have any questions or would like to see a specific project, leave me a message here or feel free to email me.
Now let's get to crafting!
Monday, February 13, 2017
Hope your day is filled with as much color as this tiny slice of wood! Making this a marvelous Monday!
Saturday, February 11, 2017
Are you a scrap pile crafter?
Friday, February 10, 2017
- A new box of crackers were spilled all over the office floor, where food is supposed to be restricted. Thankfully the dog licked up what we missed.
- The large smoothie, that was a special request from my oldest, ended up on the living room rug. He pointed the finger at the cat, who fled. I pointed my finger at the blanket that he had hanging over the side of the couch. What really matters is that it happened, it was a lot, and the rug is now slightly more pink in that area.
- Our mini cellphone tower wasn't working, causing me to hover around the side windows in my house if I wanted to communicate with the outside world.
- On my second load of laundry, a very loud squeaking noise echoed through the halls. It was our dryer...it died!
- After looking forward to a night kid free this weekend, I got a message that our friends little one was sick and that we may have to postpone a sleepover.
It was enough to get me to take it out on the this little fluffy chick. Cutting all of the yarn, snip-snip-snipping away helped. Maybe the bright color helped too. I know this much, if today has as many bumps I am locking myself in the closet until it is all over.
What do you do when you have off days?
Note: Working on a tutorial to show how to create a multi-colored pom-pom. Will share more next week!