Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thinking of You Today...

When creating my project for challenge #2 using MelJen's Designs I thought it would be fun to create a card set. Simple, but still have a few elements that stand out.

As I booked my kids annual summer vacation last week I knew a card set would be perfect to tuck away in their luggage should they miss us and need to send a note home (unlikely, but could happen). This adorable bird image is from the freebie section on Melissa's wonderful blog.

NOTE: To make these just format a word document to 5" x 7" and place image on the lower portion of the document. Cut sheets of cardstock to 5" x 7" and print. I then colored the little heart and bird and added a little glaze to the heart to make it pop.

This second image, Pansies, was a perfect touch in making the tag. It was easy to cut out and made for a beautiful piece to finish the project.


Pair this image with a MelJen sentiment as a smaller tag and your project is complete!

I hope you take the challenge and enjoy all of the images she has to offer!

Working on a few fun new items to share tomorrow with a few big announcements and finally another big giveaway (if I can get myself organized). Enjoy your day and see you back here tomorrow!

Andrea

9 comments:

  1. beautiful and how awesome that tag is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Now to see if they actually do send one home to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great projects! I love the paper pieced pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A girly looking card for sure. This is a great little set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute... I like how you did the pansies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, beautiful and elegant!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute set!!! Can't wait to work with you at Couture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous idea. Love the digi's you've used! The flower is amazing!

    Hugs

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete