Tuesday, June 22, 2010

being a little shabby never hurts...

I love the words shabby chic. It must fit in a category such as modern, traditional, and everything in between...pretty much describing every section of a furniture store. In the paper crafting world it may be the mix of colors, addition of lace and ribbon, and just a little dust of glitter added to make it sweet and look as if it has been around for generations. All I really know is that it calms me...puts me in a trance and allows my mind to wander.
As I dive into challenges and requests I am finding that on those days when I need relaxing the most these soft colors do the trick. Although these papers on the ones currently settled on the top of my scrap bins, which means first pick when creating, I am still digging once and awhile for that perfect little piece. Sometimes that means an inch of pastel is all I need.
Hope this show and tell for today was relaxing for you as well. This mini card above is part of a challenge project coming up on Friday for Paper Garden Projects. I will return again tomorrow to bring you a project from Couture Cardstock, Nikki Sivils, and maybe something bright and full of color!

Go and scrap your style...enjoy!

Andrea

4 comments:

songskatesang said...

Those houses are the neighborhood I want to live in!! :)

Jennifer Y said...

Wow! these creations are just jaw dropping!! they make me smile!! :)

Melissa said...

Wow, these projects are so beautiful! I love the shabby look and the beads are so adorable. You did such a great job. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Beautiful. Completely stunning.