Wednesday, June 23, 2010

use them scraps...

I experienced a creative block yesterday when trying to figure out what my next project would be. The chaos in my home was reaching a high for the day and there I was...standing in my craft room taking pictures of my contained mess. Scrap paper, ribbon, felt, buttons, this and thats. Here is what it came down to...Color, and lots of it. How do you pull inspiration from this...you may ask? While watching my favorite show last night (Deadliest Catch...strange, but true) I sat on the living room floor with these all around me and I just began to pull a little from each.
Mixing and matching is fun, challenging at times, but in the end it seems to all make sense. It is a great way of find scraps of paper and ribbon that you may have forgotten about. Have you visited your scrap bins lately?

Recently the Couture Cardstock design team had the opportunity to work with Cosmo Cricket collections and wanted to share with you a gift box of cards created for the occasion.


To see projects using Cosmo Cricket and Couture Cardstock hop on over to the blog.

Back to work for me as I keep at the scrap bins. Ready for a little quiet time, but the day has only just begun.

Have a splendid day and hope you find a little "U" time today!

Andrea

4 comments:

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

I love how you used all your scraps so beautifully! I also love the cosmo cricket cards :) Wonderful as always!

songskatesang said...

Oh, I love the gift box of cards!

Stempeltiger said...

You have a wonderful blog Andrea!
Your creations are brilliant.
Wish you a nice day.
Hugs, Swantje

Rose said...

goodness girl you always put out the most awesome cards!! your "mess" looks like a ton of goodness to me :)