Saturday, July 10, 2010

fly away with me...

The bags are almost packed, my little men are bursting with excitement and it is almost time to send them on their two week getaway where they are pampered beyond belief. As I am excited for fourteen days of uninterrupted crafting and sleeping in...my arms already feel the emptiness as I don't get to hug and hold them each and every day. Getting used to the silence in my house...besides me singing away to another classic 80's hit...is difficult as well, but always knowing that the kids are having an amazing adventure in the Pacific NW.

So for my Sunday card, for 365 Cards, I choose to use the fancy butterfly from MelJen's Designs to capture the adventure and excitement my boys have for spending days and nights on acres of grassy fields and pine forrests (which I so miss the scent of pine...palm trees don't really give off a scent...ok, I haven't really tried to smell them).


Hope you are enjoying your summer adventures!

Andrea

4 comments:

LindaC said...

On my gosh! What an awesome card. I love the butterfly embellishment!
Enjoy your crafty time!

leah said...

VERY sweet! Love all the layering along with that beautiful butterfly!

Mette said...

WOW! It´s so sweet! Love it!

Melissa said...

Wow! That butterfly is uber cute! What a fun way to add the beads in!