Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have a coupon for that...

Clipping...printing...stashing...I have become a fan of the coupon. There is something incredibly thrilling about getting free food and household items. Not sure I can maintain this excitement and energy for too long...before you know it I will have that supply closet full which is not like us. We typically are a family who makes a purchase when it is needed, but now I realize...have I been doing it all wrong :) Maybe it is me filling my time when the kids are off to school. I look at my youngest and think...OH MY GOODNESS the day has come and I am starting to believe I am the one that is not ready rather than him. Now is when my visits to the gym, volunteering and visiting with my other mommy friends who are going through the same thing this year kicks in full speed.

So as I spend every minute adopting this new schedule and life I have only a few moments in a week when I can sit in my craft space and create. Today I bring you the following to catch up a little...


Last Thursday was the MelJen's Designs challenge in which I somehow forgot to include in my post. This card uses the back to school badge. Today is the 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday Challenge and this week's images are from KLM Designs.

To finish off this post for today...a Festival Garden Walk from Paper Garden Projects!

Welcome to the Paper Garden Projects Festive Fall Garden Walk

Take a stroll through the blogs of all the Paper Gardeners and enjoy some friendly inspiration. This month we are focusing on Fall and Back-to-School projects.

While you visit, take note of each designer's name and their special garden walk word in their blog post. Once you finish your garden tour, send an E-mail to custserv@papergardenprojects.com with the list of designers and their garden walk word. Everyone who sends the correct list of designers and words will be entered in a random drawing to win a prize. You need to send an e-mail to the address above; please don't leave your list as a comment. You have until midnight (EST) on Wednesday, August 25 to send your list. And the prize? We may be celebrating Fall, but summer is not quite over yet. So how about not one but 2 cute summer Kraftin Kimmie unmounted stamps!



So enjoy the garden tour. Here is the garden tour guide list:

Cathy
Amber
Tangii
Tricia
Linda
Andrea (You are here) - CIDER
Alyssa

And here are my projects...Supplies used: wood grain cover a card background stamp, websters pages paper, Kaisercraft adhesive pearls, stamps from Whimsie Doodles, festive fall wreath clear stamps, 1" thick clear card box, sweet chips little folding house and my favorite wrinkle ribbon from PrairieBirdBoutique. All of these items can be found at Paper Garden Projects..except the ribbon!

Ok...now that my blog seems a little scattered today I am off to finish school shopping and prepare to give a few haircuts. Have a fabulous week and I will be back in a few days. This weeks giveaway will begin on Tuesday!

Andrea

11 comments:

lisa808 said...

Adorable little house!!!

songskatesang said...

Hello sweet friend! I'm so glad you checked in. I've been thinking about you!

Your projects are beautiful ~ as always!

Great job on the coupons! Keep it up!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous projects, Andrea!! I love the little house too!! School starts for us tomorrow so I need to get back into the swing of things.

Nancy said...

Your projects have such a tranquil feel to them. Thank you so very much for the inspiration. Each is just lovely.

Colleen said...

Very beautiful project.

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

I LOVE what you do with the little houses. The woodgrain stamp is just perfect in it!.

BTW... have you checked out couponmom.com? It matches local store sales to coupons so its easier to cherry pick the deals. Its free!

Vana63 said...

Wow, Beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing and inspiring :-)

Amber said...

Such beautiful projects Andrea! It's always so inspiring to visit your blog!
Hugs
Amber

Catherine said...

Your notecard set is TDF! I love the non-traditional fall colors and that ribbon is amazing! Fab texture! The house is totally ADORABLE! The pink pom trim adds so much whimsy! Totally makes me smile! TFS!

Melyssa said...

Wow!! For having little time you sure can crank out some amazing things!! Everything is jaw dropping gorgeous!

I know what you mean about not being ready for a little one to go to school. My "baby" is going into grade 9 and I'm still not ready for him to be so grown up.

Alyssa S said...

Holy eye candy! You are such a talented crafter, I can't pick just one thing out to comment on! Gorgeous, all of it!!