Monday, September 6, 2010

take me to the country...

There are those days that make me want to pack up and move the family to the country. I dream of running around acres of grassy fields...laying out soaking up the sun without having neighbors all around...picking from the wild blackberry bushes and splashing in the backyard stream. These things made up my childhood and after living in the city now for many years I am finding myself day dreaming more often of this type life and longing for my kids to have the freedom that a country life could bring. But...as this is far from reality at this moment in time we must move ahead and make the best of what we are given.

Anyway, I have been hit with a packed schedule now that school has begun and waiting for our days to settle in more comfortably and find time to actually post my projects in a timely manner. Oops...but I am here to share and hope you enjoy. Immediately following this post I will be gathering a felt goodies together for the next giveaway with a few cards and tags. It is long overdue!
Whimsie Doodles has released an amazing bunch of new images and can't wait to get going on a few more projects to showcase just how adorable they truly are! For this project I used the apple image from "school goodies" to create a front to this little gift bag. The gift bag portion was part of a template from Creations by AR, enlarged the apple to approximately 5" and gave it a little detail by using a wood grain background stamp from Paper Garden Projects. I topped it all off with a vintage glass button, ruffle trims and ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique.

This card was created for 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday and the images were provided by Wink Wink Ink.

Off to play a little in my craft room to get a few more fun projects underway. It has been suggested that I think about reopening my card shop on Etsy from friends and family...I just don't know if this is in my near future, but do miss the interaction with so many wonderful friends! Maybe just keeping this blog more up-to-date would work :)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Andrea

5 comments:

Karey said...

We miss being able to purchase your things, but you must find a balance in life.
I have not been able to do that with my house. I made some changes at the begin of the year, but didn't stick with my commitments. And God has been working on me again about that.
Missing your creations!

Andrea Budjack said...

Thank you for such a sweet message. I struggle with this choice some days, but really in the end spending more time with my kids, husband...and a little more me time has been a blessing! Just when I have too much down time my mind tends to wander into crafts again :) After a morning in the garden it may be time to craft again today.

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

I love the woodgrain apple! Brilliant - its the perfect texture. Beautiful as always!

songskatesang said...

I completely agree with Karey. I do miss the thrill of getting your packages in the mail ~ but I completely understand the need to prioritize!

Take a rest. It will be clear when it is time to reenter the etsy world :)

Jacilynn said...

Andrea, I need to come back more often. I love your eye catching designs. Need to soak up some of your genius :)
x