Thursday, October 7, 2010

my shadow...

Today my littlest man played the role of my shadow...and quite well I have to say until his teacher so kindly distracted him. Some days are tough for us to get ourselves together, make the thirty minute drive to his school and send him on his way for the whole day...however, by the time I pick him up there is always so much to share. Those are the moments I look forward to the most. It is becoming more clear to me that he knows what he wants and it takes a list of bribes or threats...and sometimes an army...to finally make him realize that what mommy says will have to do. Somedays it makes me laugh to see how dramatic he can get...but there are those days (much like yesterday) when I have to pull out all the stops.

When I wasn't trying to explain our new game Monopoly, battle little man or cleaning a trail of toys...I did what I could to get a little peace and crafted away. Today is challenge Thursday over on MelJen's Design blog and I am so excited to share three projects I completed to welcome our favorite...Halloween.

I used the country star pumpkin and ghost cutie to complete his card. I backed the pumpkin with a darker orange cardstock and ran adhesive along the bottom and half way up the sides to create a pocket. I also used felt to back the star and sewed it on just to give it a little more pop. You don't have to do much to make these images really stand out. Additional supplies used: wrinkle ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique, adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft) and die cut labels (Spellbinders) from Paper Garden Projects.I wanted to make tags using the ghost as well, but found that these pumpkins were perfect on their own. Perfect for party favors, or as I will be doing, making up little bags to pass out on Halloween with these attached (minus the pearls for the kiddies).Finally, I had one pumpkin remaining and it wasn't about to go unused. So to finish off my project share today I bring you this little door hang...using my favorite wrinkle ribbon (of course) and yummy papers from Paper Garden Projects as well.

Hope you enjoyed. Tomorrow I will bring you my Whimsie Doodle projects from the new release and a few more Halloween goodies. Off to make another felt ornament to share!

Now to prepare for our house decorating tonight, costume making and catch up with a friend.

Andrea

10 comments:

Jacilynn said...

these are so fabulous. love your style.

songskatesang said...

So... In my wishful thinking land, I dream of being your neighbor and bribing you with chocolate chip banana bread and tea so that you can teach me your amazing skills!

Have a wonderful day!

Saskia said...

Beautiful work!

Saskia :)

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

beautiful projects! I love them all!

mforquer said...

Andrea - these are all gorgeous! I can't get over how amazing you are with the paper piecing!!! Just beautiful!
Melissa

Crafty Lou said...

Hi!Oh do i love all of your projects-just so sweet and gorgeous.
hugs Lou.xx

Melissa said...

So cute, festive, and not too scary!! Love it!

Cheryl said...

Andrea, These are all just so cute. I know I have said it before, but I just love your crafting style. You always use the images in such a unique and gorgeous way.

Dianna said...

Everything is adorable!

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so adorable.....I love them....you are truly inspirational and very talented....thank you so much for sharing.....