Friday, October 15, 2010

oh, cut it out...

Something many will find me saying to my kids on a daily basis, but today...it's all about the paper and scissors action that has been taking place at my temporary craft station...the dining room table. After a fun day playing with MelJen's Designs digis...today I bring you Whimsie Doodles! I know...Halloween is almost here, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas is following close behind...but I wanted to play with color and use a little bit of everything.If you haven't seen these yet...oh my goodness are they adorable. The mini valentines set is easy to cut, paper piece and color! I happened to find some cork, eyelets and of course couldn't resist using as much colorful wrinkle ribbon from Praire Bird Boutique to finish off each tag. Difficult to pick a favorite, but since I never...and don't even own a pair of heels that one is probably my favorite. I love making shaped cards. They are both fun and unique. Using snowman cocoa, from this month's digi release, I cropped the image down to the cocoa mug and marshmallows. This time I was able to cut a little felt snowflake, add a little lace detail and finish it off with some amazing wrinkle ribbon. This card measures approximately 5".It has been awhile since I've used an owl and couldn't resist this time around while looking through the images. She is darling (and it isn't that often that I use that word either). Used owl my heart, a little bit of cork and a few touches of color with paper and embellishments.Last, but not least, as we are well into our school schedule and with so many thank you occasions still to come these little apples were perfect. I love mini cards...you can use small scraps of paper and your image really stands out. The image used here is from school goodies - pencil (minus the pencil this time).

Before I go...one more card to share from last weeks 365 Cards Sunday challenge.

Have an amazing weekend! It is beautiful here, but going to be spending my weekend inside working on more items to stock my etsy shop. Be back Sunday for another wonderful 365 Cards challenge!

7 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Wow such eye candy so many beautiful things to look at love it!!!

A Scrappy Design said...

Too Cute! I love those little tags using the Whimsy Doodles!

LindaC said...

Your creativity just blows me away! I like everything you design! Can you move next door and teach me? lol LindaC

~amy~ said...

LOVE all your projects...

Jacilynn said...

amazing. love your style

Anita said...

OMGosh, love all your projects. They're so pretty.

vonne said...

everything u made is pure love <3