Thursday, October 14, 2010

two is better than one...

Especially in this case! I have been having fun all morning with MelJen's Designs images and here to bring you a couple of my "creations". Back in the craft kitchen this morning mixing up images to show you just how wonderful digis truly are. Although her digis are adorable in their entirety...when you crop, enlarge, combine you make them your own.

In this first card I combined fancy butterfly and layered flowers in a simple way. To make the card...print the butterfly image on pieces of paper, layer as desired. Fold cardstock, slightly larger than the butterfly. Attach butterfly near fold and cut around leave about a 1/4" border and leaving a small amount of the folded portion at the top to keep card intact. This card measures approximately 5.5". Tie on your ribbon (Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkle ribbon) around the butterfly body, adhere the tag, using foam tape add the flowers, add the button, thread and to finish it off I used a stick pin from Creations by AR.The teddy bear...so adorable and I finally used this one the way that I had imagined. Using teddy cookie and stitched country heart (freebie) I layered an extra set of arms on top of the bear image to make it seem like it was hugging the heart. Of course...I had to use my favorite ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique, the clouds came from a My Mind's Eye piece of paper and the remaining papers are from my scrap bin. When you have a large image, such as this one, it is a great time to use papers that may have be die cut and can easily hide the holes. Finally I used retro cherries, string of hearts and the little pink hearts are from piggy bath.

Just a reminder that today is the Thursday challenge at MelJen's Designs and would love to see what you have created to join in the fun!

Working on a few new items to share with you tomorrow from Whimsie Doodles. Many cute images just released and ready to show you new ways of using your images!

Until then...

Andrea

5 comments:

Anita said...

Andrea, I love all of your project...they're so sweet. You've been very busy!

Monia said...

I really love Your cards!

scrapn_momof2 said...

All of your projects are just adorable!!

Jennie said...

Andrea these are ADORABLE!
I love all of them!! Although the teddy has made my heart melt :) :)

xx

Cheryl said...

Your projects are beautiful. I love the way you combine images and papers for a work of art.