Tuesday, January 25, 2011

oh my goodness...

Life gets a little crazy, and slightly boring, when you lose your internet and phone for more than a couple of days...but I am back. Due to this glitch I am a little behind on posting my project for the Creations by AR blog hop. Since many of you left a comment on my previous post I will use this to pick a winner. Please forgive the delay, but here is my project. Don't forget to check out all of the amazing templates she has in her shop which are perfect for the upcoming holidays!
The tag was created from the January release of Whimsie Doodles Valen-tine tags collection. The template used is the Heart Basket...which is oh so cute! The little fabric flowers were created by just hand cutting layers of circles in varying sizes and stitching them on. Simple and perfect if you have tiny scraps of fabric that shouldn't go to waste...no die cutting required!
I created this heart ornament using the small heart as a pattern from the template. Cut the heart slightly larger and embellish and sew away.

I am rushing a bit today, but I will be picking a winner from my giveaway, Creations by AR hop and will be back tomorrow with a special new post.
Off to have a nice lunch with a friend and pick up my boys before the rains settle in for the evening.
Andrea

22 comments:

  1. Such sweetness - I like how you always go beyond paper with your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project!! It was well worth the wait. I'm your newest follower.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project--love the fabric flowers--so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the soft colors and your stitching. So delicate and beautiful!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hOLA MUY LINDO TRABAJITO Y MUY TIERNOS...SE VEN ADORABLES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely!! The fabric flowers are adorable & I also enjoyed that you think outside of the "paper" box! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little ornament is absolutely gorgeous. I really love it! (Do you have an Etsy store?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all your projects. So sweet. You did a really good job on them. I'm a new follower #190. Thanks for a chance to win some candy. It was worth the wait!!!

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for explaining how you made the flowers. They are so adorable and simple. I may just put them on everything for spring. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this one seals it, I have to follow your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely project. I like the use of fabric and not just paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your fabric flowers and the heart ornament is absolutely the cutest! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm so glad your internet is back... I'd go ca-ra-zeee without it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a WONDERFUL JOB with this template!!! I LOVE the little heart you created to go with the matching Heart Basket!!!! SO PRETTY!!! AND the little material flowers are GREAT!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the projects! Thanks for sharing how you created the little details too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable heart basket. I love that you decorated it so it could be used for other things than Valentines. Great colors and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love discovering fresh new bloggers with a unique style and talent. These are amazing. Did I win it? JK

    ReplyDelete
  18. absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. adorable projects,love the fabric flowers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your project and those cute flowers!! I'm your newest follower and look forward to seeing what you create! TFS

    ReplyDelete