Thursday, January 27, 2011

wrap it up...

This morning as I pulled myself out of bed I kept thinking...clear my schedule, wrap the blankets tightly around myself and just stay in today. If only making that one decision was that simple. My parents are due to arrive tomorrow for a long anticipated visit and the cleaning and prep work has only just begun. My craft supplies will soon be on lock down and I am rushing to finish a few more projects to share over the next couple of weeks. Today I get to share the card created for the new release over at MelJen's Designs.

I used the Lovin Turtle digi and Papertrey Inks banner border die cut to complete this card. I used a 4" square piece of paper, stamped the sentiment, added the small strip of paper to the bottom and attached the felt around the square to create a frame. I then sewed it onto the larger 5" paper and stitched the little x's around the frame to create just a little more detail and keep the frame in place. Once complete you are ready to attach the paper piece to the front of the card. Easy to do and gives the card a soft touch.

Before I go...a giveaway as promised before Valentine's Day is upon us.

Just leave a comment here by Monday, January 31st and I will randomly draw a winner.

Thank you for stoppin' by...now to go create a little more before I am cut off (oh, the sadness). Have a wonderful day!

Andrea

16 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a cute turtle, and I love the basket, too!

Katherine said...

Hello Andrea, your cards are always No. 1! I love the colors, the digital image is so cute. How I wish I can make some cards and projects just the way you do :)

Karey said...

What a gift!!! Your heart is stuning!
Have a great time with your parents.

curlyqmosaics said...

Such wonderful projects! The card is so whimsical and dreamy it is too precious! My little ones would love it, it is so cute it needs to be framed! LOVE the heart bag too....it has my name written all over it! TFS!

Julie E said...

I love the turtle and the frame you created. Your small touches always make such a huge difference. Of course I adore the heart too :>)

Garrett Family said...

Beautiful projects as always! Love that little bag!

songskatesang said...

How do you do this?! Oh, I wish I could just pull up a little stool and watch you in your craft room! Have a wonderful, blessed time with your parents.

Lynette C said...

The turtle is so stinkin' cute. And I love the heart shape tote.

Justine said...

I am just so tickled to death that I found your blog. You are so creative. Thank you for the inspiration and a chance to WIN, you just can't beat that

LindaC said...

You know I absolutely love your designs...the softness of them along with the ribbon, twine, and buttons make them so vintage-y! Awesome work! LC

Debbie said...

Love the turtle and the heart basket is darling as well. Thanks for the opportunity.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love them both but that basket is sublime with all the pretty colors and embellishments.

Peggysuez said...

That is one adorable turtle! And that heart basket, oh my! Did you use a template for that? Soooo pretty! Have a nice visit. I am spending an enjoyable weekend visiting with my college age daughters for two precious days.

Tami McBeain (tmarie) said...

Oh my, what fabulous projects! That little turtle covered in hearts is beyond adorable and how cleaver of you to use the banner die to create a frame!

Katja said...

This card is really amazing!!! Th image is so cute and the frame is so very pretty! My compliments!!!

Greetings,
Katja

csabin said...

Your creations are always so amazing! Love all the detail work you put into your things! You are truly gifted!

Chris S.