Friday, February 4, 2011

some cake with me...

Shhh...don't tell anyone, but I just had to sneak away from visiting with family to share a few new items created for MelJen's Designs this week. I love cupcakes...well anything sweet really, but yesterday I had a thing for these cute treats from MelJen's July 8th release. Had a lot of fun creating embellished pockets and tags to match.



Supplies used: Cupcake Trio Treat from Meljen's Designs, Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkle ribbon, various stamps/die cuts/ribbon from Papertrey Ink, cherry stamp from Nikki Sivils, adhesive pearls from Paper Garden Projects.

Today was a day to bring little splashes of red to my projects. In the card above I used strips of cream and red fabric to create these little blooms. Super simple and gives the card a little bit of a shabby chic feel. Pull out those scraps again and use those punches! Here I used a scrap piece of fabric to create a ruffling effect. Kind of looks like this card is wearing a skirt :)

Finally I used a few different shades of pink/red for this card, but think it adds to the fresh, fun feel.

Also, the winner of the adore heart basket and ornament is KAREY! Contact me at andreascreativepapertrail@hotmail.com when you get a chance.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE these! That felt butterfly is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful! I love all the cute cupcake cards with all the fun decorations on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This makes up for me missing your goodies for sale 2 days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the cupcake is so beautiful and cute!!! love all the details on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these sweet cards, so festive and frilly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing attention to details. These are breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, your designs are stunning. I particularly love your cupcake creations.

    take care,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy making me hungry.. Gorgeous your style is soo FAB.. So glad I stoped by today ;0)

    ReplyDelete