Monday, March 7, 2011

just give it a ruffle and some glitter...

I recently added a few Maya Road chipboard frame sets to my craft collection...love them. Finding the window frame and scrap of fabric I went to work...it started the day of creating cards with the added fabric ruffle and dashes of sparkling glitter. In both the card above and below I used the reverse side of the fabric for a softer, pale yellow coloring. I don't have a method to adding the fabric, but just to run my adhesive along the area of the card I choose and pleat randomly. I then stitch it or place a piece of paper ontop and stitch to secure it better.As you may have noticed many of my cards lately have been playing with layers of frames. I believe it is a way to add dimension and color. One final card before I go finish our spring cleaning...
Each card here was created using scraps of fabric, felt and paper. The colors and patterns don't always match, but somehow it works in the end...I think. Wishing you a happy start to your week. My little man is sittin' on the couch this morning watching a movie and think it is time to join him. Probably should get ready for the day at some point, but may need a few minutes of cuddling with my pj wearing boy. Keep anticipating next year when he is in school every day like his brother, but then quickly realize this is the last time he will be this little and I get time with just him twice a week...then what?

Andrea

Much of my paper comes from October Afternoon, My Minds Eye, The Girls Paperie or Prima in the above projects. Also, the bunny die cut used recently is from BossKut. Please feel free to ask as I am not always good at posting the details. Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Kim said...

I love visiting and seeing your beautiful cards! What is the source of the rose paper and the flower?

Cheryl said...

Andrea, these are all just beautiful.

songskatesang said...

And then, your time shifts and it's still ok :) Your afternoons fill up with music lessons, soccer practice and math homework and you sneak snuggles inbetween :)

curlyqmosaics said...

These cards are so beautiful! I love the birds and the pink flower is so fancy! LOVE IT!

lotte chew said...

wow!!! very beautiful card~~ the colors are so soft and the patterned papers are so pretty!!!

Jen Carter said...

These are both so pretty! Love how you used the fabrics!

Debbie said...

I love them all. Beautiful soft colors and great textures.

Inkyfingers said...

Great mixing and matching on these cards. They are so pretty and the colours are so soft.

Mommy said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you mix and match it all so perfectly! And I identify with the feelings about your little one. Mine started Kindergarten this year and I miss our days together but am enjoying our after school times...change is always with us isn't it....TFS!

GabrielaD said...

Great cards! You rock.

Lea L. said...

These are all really beautiful! I just love the chipboard accents you have added to the first one...so pretty! Great job! ♥♥♥

Emm said...

Love your cards! They are all so pretty!

Nancy said...

I adore them all. So romantic and vintage. Just lovely!

kbell said...

love the layered flower above and below the tag. great work!