Saturday, March 12, 2011

looks good enough to eat...

I took my little man out to breakfast yesterday to Cracker Barrel...if you have ever been there you know that they have the most adorable and yummy things in their shop...well, that is what I believe anyway :) All of the Easter goodies were out...jelly beans gallore...stuffed, fluffy bunnies...adorable ruffled baby dresses...and our favorite...bright yellow peeps. So it was only fitting to come back to the crafting table last night to make something yummy, of course not edible, of my own.
This image was part of the March release over at
Whimsie Doodles and oh how cute...which by the way hop over to the blog HERE to see other projects using this image. I also created this box, from Creations by AR, to hold a set of three peeps. I used her cupcake basket...minus the cupcake insert, decorated it and attached the sentiment from the image above. Don't forget the matching Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkle ribbon...nice how that worked out with the felt colors I have.Working on actually leaving the house at some point today and spending an afternoon with my boys. Unfortunately I am finding it a little difficult at the moment spending time with both of them as they engage in sibling rivalary often...oh the battles just go on and on. Ear plugs anyone?

Andrea

9 comments:

Karey said...

Andrea, girl you amaze me with the projects you create. Once again, what a beauty! We do not like to eat peeps, but they are adorable to look at.
Now, on to the boys. Mine are 6 days from being exactly 4 years apart. And they fought like cats and dogs. Gowing up has made a tremendous difference. (I am sorry that you may have to wait that long.) I really didn't think they'd ever get along.
Keep on creating your beauties!

Lulu said...

How old are they? Mine are 6&4, and the fighting has really started to get bad these days:(. They used yo be such good buddies, now they just push each others battles all day. Sigh.

Lulu said...

That is supposed to say buttons. Darn autocorrect!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness gracious me..... just gorgeous! :)

Mandy said...

Andrea, this is a fabulous creation, really love how you've used Adela's cupcake basket to hold the set of three peeps! Adorable!

Saskia said...

Oooooh... so sweet!!!!!!!!

Kelly S. said...

Well if THAT isn't the cutest little basket...I love the felt peeps! Adorable, Andrea!

babyshwrcraftr said...

Andrea, I have to make these precious peeps for my new born nieces 1st Easter Basket. Love it!

j.watson2 said...

bunny card is so cute