Tuesday, April 19, 2011

hoppin' into class...

I finished my little ones class craft for Thursday and hope it all goes as plans. Of course...I had to dip into my craft supplies and add a little embellishment here and there...Supplies used: 1 styrofoam ball (small), 1/2 styrofoam ball (large), toothpick (to attach the head to body), one pipe cleaner (cut in half) for the ears, google eyes, brad and flag from Nikki Sivils, ribbon, bunny feet from Quickutz build an animal die...and you can't forget the bunny tail which is a large pompom on its back side. I have the body glued and ready for them to attach everything. Loved the idea of the styrofoam since they can pretty much just stick them all, with and without glue. I also glued on a large scallop die cut from paper, you could use felt too, just to keep the cut side of the styrofoam from shedding everywhere.
I have three scrap bins of paper...each one bigger than the other...and alternate between them every few weeks and had fun today switching to the largest bin. There is something about opening the lid and recognizing tiny pieces of my favorite papers that just puts a smile on my face. So as I usually do...I dug right in and create this card. Used a little of my Really Reasonable Ribbon, the pink twine is to die for...and this new item I had yet to work with from Melissa Frances...vintage embellishment frame. Never realized how petite and adorable these were. Finally wanted to create a card for Papertrey Inks Make it Mondays challenge this week. On the simple side with this one...just love the idea!


Have a very creative and happy day and will be back with a giveaway tomorrow to celebrate my little ones birthday. Also, I will be posting in my Etsy shop again next Monday, once I am finally caught up here...some weeks go more smoothly than others that is for sure!


Andrea

6 comments:

Karey said...

I taught Sunday School in the preschool dept for several years @ my church. One of the things all the training suggested was it isn't how the project turns out but the process of making it. That really freed me because I am a perfectionist and always wanted everyones project to be perfect. So if they have fun in the process you have succeeded. I bet your little man will love you being in the classroom. Your bunny is adorable! Good luck! And Happy Easter!
P.S. Your peep project was spectacular, too!

Kara said...

gorgeous make it monday card!! love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the butterflies embossed. Very nice card.

Nati Tristan said...

Those are absolutely beautiful!

Jan said...

Beautiful!

Lisa H. said...

gorgeous work! looove your butterfly card, so soft and pretty!