Friday, May 20, 2011

what's the buzz...

So to keep with the theme of creating my own embellishments from scrap pieces, scissors and just a couple of die cuts... I would love to share a few more tags I created today.
This little bee is super simple and oh so sweet. Used a little
pom-pom trim from Really Reasonable Ribbon, vintage lace and wrinkle ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique. Created a pocket to hold the tag and gift card if needed by just sewing up the sides of folded cardstock and adding the front piece once complete.This second tag I made a butterfly by just folding the paper in half and going elementary with it...meaning using just my scissors to cut out the shape :)Once again I used this gorgeous ivory satin ribbon from RRR to finish off the tag.This little guy is my favorite...Cut out the owl body, wings, nose and belly...but used a die cut for the eyes and heart. Also, the limb and leaves were cut by hand.Added a little pocket to the back to tuck in this tag. Remember this is a perfect time to pull out those tiny scraps of paper. I keep everything...really everything, which is probably why my bins are so huge and stuffed. Topped the tag with some beautiful red wrinkle ribbon and burlap twine.Finally, a very basic shape...an apple. Easy, quick and always in need around here. Again, made a pocket to attach to the back for this tag to be tucked away in. Also a great idea for a gift card holder. Thank you for stopping by...hope this inspires you to create something unique and fun. Now back to the drawing board to create some more...gotta get some crafting time in before my break.

Andrea

5 comments:

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Really beautiful :)

Lea said...

Great cards!!
Love the Bee and the Owl!
X Lea

Crystal said...

Oh WOW these are totally ADORABLE!!!

Lisa Davis said...

I always love your paper creations, so pretty! The ones I own - are so hard to give away. I call them my pretties!
Lisa

lotte chew said...

wow!!! really love those projects~ very cute