Friday, June 3, 2011

making a splash...

First...the winner of the stick pin embellishments is MARLOU! Please email me your information when you get a moment. Thank you everyone who played along.

Challenge time over at Whimsie Doodles and so excited about this one. Here in the south it has been hot for some time now, but with school almost out and summer just right around the corner we will be spending many days in either the pool or sprinkler. I found it fitting to make this week's challenge water related.These Maya Road envelopes, with the cut out windows, worked perfectly for my idea. First you focus just on the image, but when the card is removed...color!Practicing my use of glimmer mist and find it adds such a nice touch. Also used the sail boat from Whimsie Doodles Baby Joy rubber stamp set, Prairie Bird Boutique's wrinkle ribbon and a lot of paper piecing.

So...it is your turn to craft something to splash about and enter in the challenge. Good luck, have a blast and see you back here soon! I have three more cards, similar to this one, to share with you this month...you can never stop with just one :)

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! Andrea thank you so much :) I can't believe I won, you have made my day :) love your work as you know, I'm always popping in and out to see your latest creations and these are just beautiful too :) I will email you now :) :) :) happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Marlou!! Really love how you've used the envelope for this creation Andrea...fab idea.

    ReplyDelete