Tuesday, August 16, 2011

an apple a day...

Counting our days down until the start of school and what better way to welcome that day but crafting! Just putting together a few felt apples for the teacher. Felt has become one of my favorite materials at the moment and always finding new ways to work with it. Below I have created a few embellishments, adding the hand stitching as I assembled them. Came across a stock pile of felt die cuts from Fancy Pants and went to work. The storm clouds are rolling in for the day, the kids are off quietly playing (doesn't happen too often) and the house is screaming for a little attention. See you back tomorrow for a Glue Arts project and then on Thursday for my Paper Fashions Etc. post!

Andrea


3 comments:

Mandy said...

Such beautiful felt designs Andrea....loving the apple, what a perfect teacher gift.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Stunning!!! and i have 2 outta 3 of these gorgeous embellishments, i might add a brooch pin to a flower and wear it :) love that cute apple!! My mum adored your work and just loved the bunting, as do i :) x

Cheryl Nelson said...

Ohhhh my GOODNESS!!! LOVE your work with the felt!!!