Thursday, September 22, 2011

the bobby pin...

After two years of long hair, I woke up one day and had nine inches cut off. Now, trying to adjust, I have turned to hair accessories to keep me from having a total breakdown. As I strolled down the hair accessories aisle I picked one of everything...headbands, clips, hair ties and then a very large package of bobby pins...really you need a hundred at a time? Seeing how creative some get with these little things...I went to work on my own creation. After adding these felt flowers to each bobby pin, and always searching for new ways to embellish a card, thought they fit perfectly with Paper Fashions Etc. digital images. This can comes from the perfect blend collection, just trimming off the lid. Also...used leaves from the fall is in the air collection, friends sentiment, and garden bingo cards "bloom". The recipient of this card can then use the bobby pins or just keep them on the card as is.

Andrea

P.S. Have a couple of projects posted on the Whimsie Doodles blog today featuring new patterns and sewing projects. Also, my holiday ornament has made the cover of the new Simply Handmade Holiday book posted over on the Create: blog today. So excited about that. Just seeing the colors makes me ready for the cold. Finally, here is my card for the challenge posted on that blog today...

5 comments:

  1. both beautiful Andrea and adore those bobby pins :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, and I love the bobby pins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! I love your rolled felt flowers glued to bobby pins. What a brillant idea!

    ReplyDelete