Monday, September 19, 2011

sweet vintage...

When you bring together a little vintage, fabric and something sweet you get a perfect gift set. As my little men were looking through my craft room over the weekend I came across these vintage towels which were ready to be embellished... I love strawberries. They don't require the use of a die cut or stamp and can quickly be hand cut to your liking. For this towel I used two layers of pink fabric, fused together using interfacing, and two layers of green fabric for the stem and leaves (also fused together). Then, using stitching to add detail, added the pieces of the towel. I had to add a little lace to give it even a more vintage feel to the bottom. Of course it couldn't stop there...
Created a matching tag, gift box and card to create a perfect set ready for that special someone. The ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon) on the gift box is big, beautiful and such a lovely pure white that matches so well with the vintage buttons used throughout from Remember Me Emily. Hand cut the strawberry on the tag to match the towel using scrap pieces of paper. For the card, I have these large chipboard letters (which have been around for years) that seem to be at my side and ready to be used. Used the "t" to begin the word "thanks".

Hope your Monday starts off just as sweet. Getting the coffee going, quickly clean the house and on to make my projects for the week...

Andrea

4 comments: