Wednesday, October 12, 2011

giving it shape...

Do you ever make shaped cards? Wanted to work with a shape that could be used for both a girl and boy themed card and this is what I came up with. Used my Doodlecharms Cricut Expression cartridge to create the stars. Attached them to a folded piece of cardstock, following the stitching, and trimmed. Such a fun challenge for myself and one I hope I can keep doing as this week goes on. Even though I have a house full of boys, I often fail to create anything in boy colors. Need to change that and celebrate the fact that my world is full of blue and greens for a reason. Gotta love my three men! Tomorrow is a big day...I will have two posts here. Really Reasonable Ribbon will be doing a blog hop which is full of holiday fun. My Paper Fashions Etc. project will be up in the afternoon. Also, head on over to Whimsie Doodles tomorrow for a step by step guide to using WD patterns. I have been getting myself in a little bit of trouble each evening as my days are becoming a little too relaxed and my house around me is both crazy and messy. So, did several half projects today to make it look like I was busy. This I am good at and hope it worked. Hope your day is special and hope to see you here tomorrow!

Andrea

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Two gorgeous cards Andrea, loving the colours and shape!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful! I always love the soft colours and perfect accents on your projects :)

papertrails leaver said...

Oh my these are gorgeous! I love making shape cards but seem to forget about making them too often. After seeing yours, I am ready to create a few! :-) Amy

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE these cards! The crape paper is such a nice touch! :)