Sunday, October 2, 2011

thanks in a jar...

Spent a morning last week walking around Home Goods with my dear friend who loves that store just as much, if not more, than I do...if that is possible. Picked up a new Halloween decoration and fell in love with their "vintage like" items. Came across a set of four canning jars and the wheels began turning. So, came home and began working on this little set. I used the wreath, same as on this card. Really wanted to use fabric to create a pumpkin on top and let me tell you...it is super easy. I have seen this technique used to create pincushions, but made mine itty bitty. You could also create one a bit larger for that purpose on the top and fill the jar with sewing supplies as a gift.Since my Fabric Frills was just released over at Miss Art's Papercrafting School, I wanted to feature a little of that fabric technique here as well and just show how easy it is to incorporate fabric in your everyday projects, regardless of your sewing level. Added a little leather string and cream lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon to wrap around the lid.
Finally, filled the jar with vellum envelopes and stamped tags. These would be great for the coming holiday and giving out to the ones we love. Could also add a little photo, sentiment or treat in each one.

Andrea

2 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

This is the cutest thing! I love that little pumpkin!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So FABULOUS!