Thursday, November 10, 2011

holiday bundle...

Something sweet is in the air today and here to share it with you...well, first things first...coffee! Ok...yesterday I mentioned the Christmas season is approaching way too quickly, and I am sticking to that...except for the fact that I love this peppermint image from Paper Fashions Etc. I guess it boils down to the fact that I am really not prepared to commit to gift buying and trying to figure out what activities to do with our families when they take their 3,000 mile flight to visit us. This time of year has us on pins and needles for the past several years, and this year is no exception. Don't feel like I can sit back and enjoy until January 1st rolls around. But...somehow it all comes together, we survive and come out ok on the other end. So although I am trying my hardest to slow down time...I am still embracing the holiday crafting I can't seem to hold back from.
What I truly love about digital images is that you can make them into what you imagine. When looking at this peppermint I imagined this gift box...maybe slightly different, but as you go along you find what works and what doesn't and it's like magic...to me at least. While I was creating this last night I was watching one of my new favorite shows, Work of Art. I am a fan of all things creative and this show amazes me. Yes...some of the art work is a little different, but to see the process of creativity and how each person pours their heart into their art work is amazing. I feel fortunate that although I never created when I was growing up that I eventually found my outlet, something that helped express me. It is fairly common that I go to bed each night with a vision of something in my head...which is why I took a notebook from my kids playroom to keep near just in case. I know I don't have original ideas...so many talented people in this wonderful world, but I love allowing my mind to wander and come up with something I have never done. Here's to loving the art you create!

Andrea

Note: I am working on several new flower designs that will appear in my Etsy shop tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. This is simply adorable, Andrea! Perfect holiday sweet treat :) I KWYM about the holidays approaching fast and family visiting -- it shouldn't, but it does cause stress. Hang in there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is terrific!!! you are very talented!!

    Lisa G

    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

    stop by & check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond cute, Andrea! Love your visions...cause they always turn into artful reality! This is just adorable. I too love all the versatility with digi. Can't beat it. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this box Andrea! I love how you can take a digi and enlarge it as much as you need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!! Wow!! love this andrea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Andrea. You just continue to crank out one beautiful creation after another! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW, I love that Andrea! I chuckled when you said you don't have many original ideas....REALLY? Oh please don't think that! Your creativity is amazing. I don't think I could have come up with a peppermint box like that! I love stopping in to see your heartfelt, cozy creations. You certainly are an inspiration to ME :)! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete