Monday, December 5, 2011

a new day and blog...

Changing things up a bit here and hope you like it. After living in our home for five years now I can't seem to rearrange things anymore, I am takin' it to the blog. Have a few free moments today and tomorrow and needed a little time to myself hiding out in my craft room...not crafting. Time is ticking by so quickly this month and think it is probably best that I attach a calendar to myself to keep me calm. We are counting down the days until the kids are on break, but cramming in those last minute assignments, reading, programs and sports activities in between family visits. But...at the end of each day the lists are hidden, the schedules are scrapped and enjoying each moment I have with my family. Last night we finally whipped together our gingerbread tree, a annual holiday tradition here, and finally snapped a few photos of my boys laughing, decorating and eating a few pieces along the way...leaving a trail of green icing throughout the house. Before I put on my running shoes and head out to the gym (I am trying to enjoy this, but not there yet)...a card created yesterday just because...Andrea

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Andrea. Enjoy every second of your 'me' time at this very busy stressful time of year.

xx

abril said...

I love it!!!

Katherine B said...

gorgeous card...and I'm not stressed this year because I stepped back and said NO to 60% of the stuff I used to do....it requires a stiff backbone but it lets my family simplify the holiday to it's real meaning .

Becky Dunham said...

Gorgeous card Andrea! Would love to see some pics of your gingerbread tree! So glad you are taking time for yourself and spending time with your family at this time of year. It is hard to do both and still get things done :) I am making a lot of my gifts this year which means I am spending time in my craft room but not so much with my family as my craft room is so filled with stuff I can barely get in there :(

Lisa said...

Well I'm new to your blog, but it looks splendid to me!!! And so does your sweet card. Drink in those moments with your boys, they turn into men sooooo fast ;)

Diane said...

Life is an adventure! We just never know how it will go from one day to the next, or minute to minute. I'm glad you are finding time to enjoy the adventures of your busy life, family and fun! What precious memories with your children.

Your card is so pretty, so picture perfect. Browsing your blog is like walking through an art gallery!! LOL...so much fun. Hope you have an awesome week....thanks for sharing your inspirations with all of us.

rush said...

wonderful piece! thank you for sharing. glad to hear you are taking a short break and having fun with your family.

songskatesang said...

I love the new look. Your blog is always so beautiful, refreshing and peaceful to me. Thank you for sharing it!

Tanya Privalova said...

such beautiful!