Wednesday, January 4, 2012

come together...

Hello Wednesday! It is cold here, believe it or not...what the news is referring to the cold weather as the "Florida Freeze". Kind of funny how dramatic it becomes to have a little cold weather. My toes are cold, my little men are sleeping with four blankets each and our fire alarms must not like the cold either as they keep going off in the middle of the night. Now that the house is quiet during the day, with school being back and all, things are slowly finding their place...cleaning has been underway for two days...and now I have a few moments to try something new.While my mom was visiting we began looking for video tutorials to learn a little about felting...creating your very own custom colors and looks. Came across some great ones on YouTube. The other day I began wondering about making my own flowers from yarn. When I was a kid my mom taught me the basic steps to crocheting and have used it a few times in the past but nothing more. Watched a video, rewinding and pausing many times, and figured it out. I only had this multi-colored yarn in my stash, but it works...Now to try it with different yarn, sizes and needles (isn't that what you call it?). I am always on a quest to learn more, even if the first few times it just doesn't turn out. My next attempt is quilting...This is my first project, a small pincushion. Just realized how long it would actually take to create a blanket while doing this mini pillow.

Andrea

5 comments:

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

really beautiful Andrea :) i have just made a card using one of the lovely felt embellishments i bought from you last year :)

Mandy said...

Your flowers and pincushion look great Andrea. It's always nice to try something new and to experiment, I bet you're really pleased with the outcome.

xx

Lisa said...

What sweet yarn flowers Andrea! And your quilted pin cushion is top notch...very pretty!

rush said...

great projects! in knitting, they are called needles; in crochet, it is referred to as a hook. you will get the hang of it. love the little flowers you have made already!

Nancy W said...

What a sweet pin cushion! Great job, way to step outside your comfort zone! hugs from Conroe, TX!