Friday, February 10, 2012

acting my age...

There are those moments in my life when I have tend hide, have a tantrum and kind of act like a child...well, today is one of those days. Time to visit the dentist today and it is probably my least favorite thing to do and sometimes wouldn't mind having someone hold my hand and say "just be brave". But as the time ticks by, and with my little men undergoing their cleaning at the same time I have to shake it off and act like it is no big deal. Time to act my age and put on my big girl pants. To calm my nerves while they are at school I am keeping myself busy cleaning, crafting and listening to some tunes from the 90's.
The "happy spring" card was created for Papertrey Ink's sketch challenge today. Used my Pink Paislee London Market paper, Papertrey dies and sentiment stamp from tag-its. Topped it off with my favorite felt flower. My second card was submitted for this week's challenge over on the Create blog. Valentine...
Added a few more varieties of yarn to my small collection for more flowers. Added a crochet flower, topped with a canvas button I created using the i-top, backed with pom-pom trim and added a little paper flower to the top of the button.

Andrea

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Both are so cute Andrea, but I am in love with the second! Sweet blooms, image and buttons! Be brave ;)

Sally said...

I hate the dentist too. Had to go quazillion times last year. Eek! The first card is my fav. The new Pink Paislee lines look great.

Christa said...

Andrea! These cards are romantic and lovely!

Marlou McAlees said...

I sympathise with you andrea, im undergoing dental treatment, getting a bridge crown and now I have a sinus infection which is effecting all the nerves in my teeth ... ouch!!! im on antibiotics , so hopefully all will be well for me next week to get it fitted.
As for your cards love them, :)
happy weekend x
hope your dental visit goes well :)

Cassi said...

what a lovely take on the PTI sketch. gorgeous romantic layers :)

Beverly said...

I love them both! Beautiful work! As for putting on your big girl pants, I've had way to much medical stuff to deal with and my motto is, if I get a shot, I get to shop! Makes those crummy days a little easier! :)

LeAnne said...

Holy guacamole, all your cards are so sweet! I am adding you to my Reader so I don't miss a thing!
BTW I am going through some dental stuff too.....waaaaay too much $$$!

Unknown said...

I love all of you projects! I do have question about the ribbon you used on this card..where is it from and what is it called? :)