Thursday, March 15, 2012

down with brown...

Decided to spend a little time yesterday and today getting down with browns...and a few other colors too. Used similar papers in these cards as I pulled up to my scrap bin and began to work. Stamped a few layers, die cut little and just had some scrapping fun...
In this card I used Simple Stories paper and sticker, Glitz stamp (back), Papertrey Ink stamps (label, butterfly and sentiment), My Little Shoe Box and October Afternoon papers, Pink Paislee stamp (banner: Spring Jubilee), Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkle ribbon (same on all) and some David Tutera bridal adhesive pearls (these are amazing!). Altered the bottom of the card using Papertrey Ink die and added a strip of cardstock to the inside of the card...stamped using Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee stamp.
On to the next card...
Ok...the doily (guess it is larger than I thought), vintage buttons from Remember Me Emily, hand cut flower and petals from My Little Shoebox and October Afternoon papers, Papertrey Ink stamps and die (sentiments, label). To create the flower, cut several layers of the flower using just your scissors. Each one a little smaller than the previous layer. Ink edges for contrast.
My favorite one of the bunch. You have seen me use these mini "wreaths" before from Hobby Lobby. Created the paper flower by just rough cutting a circle from paper using scissors and spiral cut until you reach the middle of the flower. The calendar scallop label behind the heart is from Simple Stories paper.
Finally, the first card I created that started this mini collection. The paper on the bottom half of the card is My Mind's Eye and Glitz. Brought all of the colors together using buttons and love the Simple Stories heart sticker with the Maya Road heart pin in it. Backed all my layers here with Glue Arts U-Cut It Foam to add more depth. Have a great day and hope this inspires you to use some of your scrap pieces today!

Andrea

6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome! Love the little twig heart! :)

Marlou McAlees said...

totally stunning!!! ♥

Tracey said...

All of them are so GORGEOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your style!!!

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

WoWzers girl I love your style!!!
It`s so gorgeous beautifully.
I`m always in the "lots of thing"
on my creation;)
This if you takes my breath away!!
Sonja <3<3

Ruki said...

GORGEUS!!! love your works!

Rachael said...

Lovely. Your cards are so amazing and inspiring!