Celebrating a little Epiphany Crafts and Authentique today with a bookmark gift set. I love my felt...the softness, colors and ease to work with...and perfect for creating pieces like this.
Bookmark Supplies Needed: felt, Spellbinders (scallop rectangle), Papertrey Ink (oval from limitless layers), Authentique (stickers, paper), ribbon, Epiphany Crafts (metal setting, oval punch, oval bubble cap), metal ring, wire, glass beads, sewing machine.
1. Die cut two layers of felt and one layer of paper using Spellbinders die.
2. Die cut oval in one layer of felt (just make sure that you have plenty of room on all sides to stitch).
3. Add stickers to paper.
4. Cut small strip of ribbon. Add metal ring to ribbon, fold in half.
5. Layer felt, paper and felt to stitch along outer edge. As you go, stitch in ribbon to top of bookmark (sandwich between layers). Stitch around oval cut out.
6. Add quilting pattern to felt by stitching lines.
7. Add Epiphany Crafts metal setting to ribbon piece. Add wire and beads to complete.
Then used a large vellum envelope to create a holder by trimming, stitching and die cutting. Embellished with Epiphany Crafts button (backed with fabric), Authentique, Papertrey Ink frame die and Prairie Bird Boutique wrinkle ribbon. Used the same oval to die cut front of pocket to see bookmark. Then came the card...
Enjoy your day!