Thursday, October 4, 2012

even if it hurts...


There are so many things I talk about doing...working out, read a book, finishing painting, call a friend, clean the house.  I may attempt one, or all, of these at some point. Recently I began to realize that at some point these things can become barriers to accomplishing others and allowing my mind to be just a little more free to fill with what is happening in the moment.  So, even if this may sound like a tiny accomplishment...it is HUGE for me.  I woke up yesterday realizing that my craft space was in need of some emergency reconstruction.  Boxes were laying across the room filled to the brim with new papers and goodies yet to find a permanent home.  My desks were piled high in supplies that have been tossed about in a frenzy to complete a project.  It was time to do it...rid myself of a large bin of tiny scrap pieces of paper and one bin of felt scrap pieces.  Neither one really useful as it was all too small, disorganized and represented five years of creative leftovers.  So as I began slowly trying to find a few pieces that I could keep...a large majority of it was bagged up and shipped out to the recycle container.  Why did this take so long?  It was always in my mind that some day I will use it, but I think that it created a barrier in thinking "someday I HAVE to use it".  So one bin of scrap paper remains, one bin of felt scraps remains and my craft space feels a little more liveable and creative.  As the table was cleared and ready today...a Riddersholm project (half completed for the past three weeks) has finally been completed.
Nothing like a soft pastel, vintage project to kick start this day.  As I continue to sift through my craft supplies and let go of the what ifs...this creative space may become more of what I had envisioned and spark a new artistic direction...you never know I guess unless you try.

Here's to a slightly less cluttered day!

Andrea

8 comments:

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Gorgeous as always! I love all the pretty pastels. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Lisa said...

Wowzers Andrea I love your sweet star creation with the pretty layered butterflies and fun rosette!!

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely beautiful Andrea! ♥

LindaChad said...

So lovely! Your talent is amazing and I so look forward to your posts!

Geri said...

Beautiful, Andrea! LOVE those layered stars, sweet colors and glitter!

Shoregirl said...

Love the best wishes card -- so many beautiful layers!

Zima said...

Your cards are beautiful & adorable!

Debbie said...

This set couldn't be any sweeter ... I love the pastel palette and all the shabby goodies you incorporated :)