Sunday, October 21, 2012

fall love...


The beauty of fall, ahh.  This photo is from The Ribbon Girl color challenge for October and it is so inspiring.

Created this card using a bit of paper from Simple Stories, Pink Paislee, Crate Paper.  Created fall leaves from Technique Tuesday leaf stamp backed with orange cardstock and covered in glitter.  The ribbon, twine and stick pin from The Ribbon Girl shop.  A big ol' button and stamps from Papertrey Ink.  If you enter the challenge you could win this...


Amazing kits that they carry.  Make sure to check them out!  On Friday I created a favor box for Lily Bee that was fun and simple using just my Lily Bee supplies and Scor-Pal.


He was so fun.  Used cardstock to create the box before I transferred it to paper.  The eyes and nose were created from Papertrey Ink's banner dies and the mouth hand cut.  The fabric leaves from The Ribbon Girl, stitched and added to Prairie Bird Boutique ribbon using a safety pin.  Now to fill him with a special treat for my friend who needs a little pick me up this week.  One more project before I go.
There is a short tutorial on creating this little guy on the Creative Paper Trade blog.  I would like to find him a home as well so if you would like to adopt him, just leave a comment on this post and I will randomly draw a winner on Saturday, October 28th.  

Have a wonderful start to your creative week!

Andrea

13 comments:

Geri said...

Everything looks lovely, Andrea! Love the random airborne look of your pretty leaves, that goofy little pumpkin face and your sweet little hoop project! So hope you're feeling better!

Avril Tanner said...

Love the pumkin face you created! And the hoop and card are so inspiring!

Kate Eschbach said...

i would LOVE to adopt him... and name him... and sing to him!

Holly Saveur said...

Love the cute owl..love animals so would love to adopt him..he can live here in my scraproom with me.....

Kris Pare said...

Love your projects! Your inspiration piece is gorgeous. Owl's are our friends here--helps that we have a live one living in our backyard woods!

~amy~ said...

seriously LOVE your style and woot woot...love that hoop!

Michelle said...

I could so use a smile around here and would love to adopt him or her.

Thank you!!!

cheryl said...

LOVE your little owl! So cute. I love working with felt....so fun! Thanks for a chance at this little guy. Cheryl p.

Julia Sandvoss said...

I have to comment as Haley loves all things all things OWLS and would love to have this in her room! ;-D Especially because it's adorable!

Lisa said...

Gosh those sparkly leaves are the sweetest, the look like they've been kissed with frost. And how darn cute is your jack-o-lantern box...LOVE it! Then of course there is your dreamy little hoop, love,love the extra stitching detail. Pure sweetness. Hope you're on the mend ;)

Lea L. said...

Ooooh...these are such gorgeous projects, Andrea! I just adore them!!

Moon Hulsman said...

Oohhhwwwwwl this little cuty can stay in my home, I will take care for it ;) Love your work as always
Hugs Moon

Melissa said...

I hope I'm not late for this cute owl hanging! I would definitely hang it in my daughter's bedroom. Even if I don't win you were generous with a tutorial! Thanks for the opportunity!