Tuesday, October 16, 2012

layers of color...

Hello, hello, hello fellow crafters!  Today is a good day...so far, although my little critters woke up on the wrong side of their beds.  We have moved on and just hope some smiling little men will greet me when it is pick up time from school today.  But while they are away...I get to play and share some fun things with you!  Starting today, and every Tuesday, Creative Paper Trade will be posting a Tuesday Tut featuring handmade embellishments.  And what better way to start things off than with some flowers!  Just click on over to the blog today to check out the tutorial on how to create this ombre flower.   Each tutorial will match our current color challenge and maybe we will see your project linked to our current challenge using this flower technique?

I also get to share my Vintage Street Market project with you today...



Created a gift box, with the added bonus of a card holder (which is where the girl cutout is attached).  Layers of paper, die cuts, fabric, ribbon, and on the very bottom...a Melissa Frances gift box and covered in more layers.  

Off to the craft store...a couple of quilting projects await me.  Just keeping my fingers crossed I have patience to do it correct the first time.

Andrea

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Waat a fun set the little girl is adorable! Good luck with the quilting porjecs!

SuZeQ said...

LOVE the ombre flower!
kosec@sbcglobal.net

Geri said...

Oh, my...so sweet!!!