Monday, November 26, 2012

back to the basics...

Did you head out for some holiday shopping this weekend?  I had one store...just one...in mind.  When Saturday hit I jumped out of bed, got ready, one little man in tow and headed to Joann's.  That was all I needed to kick off some of the holiday projects I have in mind.  Found some beautiful quilting fabrics, a pattern for an apron and this beautiful flower pin to make it extra special...why not, right?  With so much fabric, the plan is to create a quilted throw blanket, oven mitts and see what we have left over...maybe something little for myself.

I spent some time just hangin' with my boys this week.  Took a few walks, played a little tag and snapped a few pictures.  Have you ever seen the movie Yes Man?  There is a run group in the movie that snaps photos during their run and it gave me an idea.  After deciding to scale back a bit with the closing of my shop and challenge blog, I am committing myself to live more in the moment with who and what is around me.  So this is just one of the photos taken on that walk...

I love the idea of heading out and about just clicking away.  We took a few on the walk to the park, a at the play ground and on the walk/run home.  I guess if I wasn't so behind in technology and actually had a camera on my phone this may be a little easier...but I don't so the camera is just fine by me. 

Before I being working on dinner and a few projects for Wednesday that I am in the middle of...check out my almost completed advent calendar over at Riddersholm.


Enjoy your day and see you back here soon!

Andrea

4 comments:

Geri said...

This project is looking really pretty, Andrea! Love the shot of your boys! Sometimes it's hard to get those non-posed action shots...but they're the best!!!

Lisa said...

Oh I can just see the three of you skipping along to the park...such a cute picture Andrea!

Love the sneak peek of your project..can't wait to see the whole thing!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

sweet sneak peek!

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

sorry but I went over and couldn't find it? can you add the link?