Wednesday, November 21, 2012

holiday spirit...

First, Happy Thanksgiving and holiday week to all my fellow U.S. crafters!  We celebrated a day early here while my in-laws were in town and will be departing in the morning.  The boxes of holiday decor has begun to make its way into the house and our first little tree is all decked out and pretty.  Tomorrow is the beginning of our countdown to Christmas and I am so ready this year.  Projects are underway, including this doorknob hang posted on Therm O Web blog today...
This was a quick and easy project with minimal supplies and can be created for so many occasions.     Something about the rich peacock felt color as the backdrop for the red petals. 

And now for the winner of the stamp and tinsel giveaway on the post below is ....Theresa Dagostino Forge!  Make sure to send me an email so I can get this in the mail to you.  Thank you so much for all of the comments and stopping by to take a peek.  I will be doing another giveaway this weekend of a bunch of paper and ink if you would like to stop on by once again to enter!  

An update as well...if you are waiting for a package from me or from The Creative Paper Trade, it will be in the mail by the end of the week. And finally...I recently had to come to a decision to close the CPT challenge blog.  The amazing talent and inspiration was so incredible and thank everyone who shared with us; however, after closing my Etsy shop a couple of months ago I have realized that my focus needs to be here at home a bit more.  After years of going back and forth, I believe the fear of letting go of a few things kept me from growing and moving forward.  It made it easy to make the same choices, stay in the same frame of mind and follow the same path in order to eventually...somehow...maybe reach my goals.  Today I can say that the fear of failure, the guilt of potentially making the wrong choices is subsiding a bit.  I am welcoming change and growing each and everyday.  It is uncomfortable, sometimes it doesn't feel right and feeling my heart race makes me doubt what I am doing, but after five years of the same...why not?  So as Thanksgiving is tomorrow, what a perfect time to give thanks and feel blessed with the opportunities, people and life I have been surrounded by and given.  Here's to growing and as my friend Kate said a few posts ago..."you are pruning just to make room for rose."  So very true!

Hugs to you all!

Andrea

Side note...you will still get to see flower tutorials here on my blog on the tabs above.  Will post here when I have the next one complete next week!

7 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this it's so beautiful. Caroline xxx

Holly Saveur said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Avril Tanner said...

Great Project! Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Creative Paper Trade Challenges! While I totally understand and respect your decision I will miss all the cool talent and inspiration, But am so glad to see you will be continuing with tutorials! I am totally looking forward to viewing all your cool projects on your own blog and look forward to the next tutorial!

Lisa said...

Darling project Andrea! I hope your Thanksgiving was blessed and a relaxing day!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So very pretty!!

Mandy said...

such a fabulous creations Andrea.

xx

Diane said...

This is beautiful....looking forward to seeing more of the countdown...sorry to see the Creative Paper Trade go...I understand though...so little time it seems we all have anymore...where does it go?? Good luck to you...and I have you in blog list on "my" blog, so as not miss a thing!!