Wednesday, January 23, 2013

a bit chilly...


There is something I miss about the snow.  I remember those days growing up in Oregon when it would snow.  It was then we would open up the curtains and just cuddle up with a blanket by the window and watch the snowflakes gather...just waiting for there to be enough to pull on the cold weather gear and head outdoors.  Then, as an adult and work responsibilities, things changed and the enjoyment wore off a bit....ok, a lot.  But, being that it is chilly today, our sofa full of blankets and my little men curled up before heading off to school...it kind of feels like winter still here in Florida minus the snow of course.


This week over at Lily Bee, you will find a few winter wonderland projects that will keep you busy indoors.  To gather ideas for today's cards, I headed to Pinterest.  Found a card that had a cute little hat on it and wanted to make my own.  The hat and pom-pom I handmade, used LB index journal cards for my background paper (I love the subtle patterns), stamped a few snowflakes and heart and printed out my sentiments.


The second card uses a variety of stamped images, punches (Epiphany Crafts) and cardstock LB bag of bits buttons from the Victoria Park collection.  I recently changed up my thread in my sewing machine to pink...perfect for all of those Valentine's Day projects in the works.  I will be coming back today to share a Precious Remembrance project as well.  Stay tuned.

Andrea


1 comment:

  1. These are adorable Andrea! Wow am I smitten with that precious little hat!!!

    ReplyDelete