Wednesday, January 2, 2013

dream a little and win a little...

What a day for a new creation...right?  Beginning our year at home, finding comfort in our hobbies...a little music, a Lego build or two and some crafty creativeness.  Spent a bit of time last night, challenging myself to create with items that have been tucked away for far too long.  Before I get to those cards, I woke up the this morning ready to use a little Precious Remembrance stamping and American Crafts Dear Lizzy together and finally use a wooden birdhouse I have had sitting on my shelf for quite some time.

The butterfly is Crate Paper, and resin flower on the end of the bird perch is from The Ribbon Girls.  Once I got to the end I found this sheer pink ribbon to add to the top.  Add a vintage glass button with pink jute string (from The Ribbon Girls) to the center of the bow.
Maybe with all of these soft colors and butterflies I keep using lately means I am so ready for spring...minus the humid and hot weather here.  So now, on to the card challenge I created for myself.  I pulled up a bin of assorted embellishments, from tags to buttons and much more and challenged myself to use a variety of older items and older stamps to create a card.
I began with this card card.  Over a year ago I received these stickers by Colorbok and they have sat unused until last night.  The strawberries are just so cute and went perfectly with Simple Stories papers/stickers, Pebbles paper/stickers and Prairie Bird Boutique yellow ribbon (love this color!).  I then pieced together this sentiment from a few old stamps I had in one of my older stamp boxes.  Not exactly sure how created these, but love the outcome of combining, editing, using different colors to create this sentiment block.
Next, I reached in the bin and pulled out a few items that just seemed meant for each other.  A chipboard U, a bee die cut and a button badge from October Afternoon.
Again used a combination of stamps to spell out this sentiment, backed the chipboard "U" with Pink Paislee Secret Crush paper onto an American Crafts tag.  Also used City Sidewalk paper from Pink Paislee, Simple Stories paper, a bit of Pebbles paper, Crate Paper chipboard sticker and a few buttons.
Now for the winner of the box of goodies...#16 - Linda!  Send me an email at andreascreativepapertrail@hotmail.com so I can send you the box of new crafty items! Also, I will be drawing another name for the Etsy Gift Card to post tomorrow.  Make sure to come back here to check it out!

Have a great day and maybe you will challenge yourself creatively today?  There are probably some products that would love to be used in your next artistic adventure.

Andrea

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous projects.... and such pretty colors....how fun to use up some older things, that is my goal for this year....thanks for sharing...anf congrats to the lucky winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy New Year to you, Andrea. And congrats to Linda! I just love seeing all the items you create. I am always amazed with what you come up with.
    Sorry your little men have been under the weather over the Holidays. What a time to feel yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little birdhouse Andrea, cute idea and I LOVE the bee card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat ALL of this is! Just so very sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and sweet project to start the year, happy 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous bird house and clever cards. Bravo to you for using some forgotten items. You just may have sparked the desire for me to follow suit.
    Great work. Very beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete