Saturday, January 5, 2013

eight...

Oh how I love this little guy and can't believe he is going to be nine in a matter of weeks.  Took a little creative challenge yesterday for myself with continuing to use items found in my scrap and embellishments bins.  It seemed time to head in the direction of a layout this time as I am determined to improve these in quality and number this year. 
I first dug through my embellishment bin and found these clear frames (I can't remember when I got them or who made them), and loved the idea of layering them behind the strip of photos.  With the colors in each of the frames I began pulling out little bits and pieces to match.  Maya Road chipboard pieces (covered in scrap bin pieces of paper...American Craft, Pebbles, vintage music), October Afternoon sticker badge and rub-ons, Love Elise fabric tag (punched several years back into a tag shape), chipboard letters from LYB and included a few new items from Pink Paislee (paper, tab, sentiment strips).  Instead of repeated stamping, I used the repetitive rub-ons throughout.  Now on to a card...of course :)
Began with picking out strips of scrap paper and assembling them on the card.  Stamped the repetitive sentiment and flower prior to adhere and stitching all together. 
Again, I pulled out a few items that used colors in the scrap pieces...searching for yellow first.  I came across this star burst felt piece from Fancy Pants, flowers from Webster's Pages, Epiphany Crafts felt flower, Pebbles tissue flower, American Crafts sticker, Pink Paislee sticker.  Love all of the yellow when it was cloudy and drizzly yesterday.

Now I am off to complete some projects then on to create a layout of my littlest man using the same challenges.  Can't wait to capture his toothless smile on a layout...just too cute.  Before I go though, my friend Geri has been added to Precious Remembrance Design Team.  Check out her work HERE

Don't forget also, I am giving away a couple bags of vintage buttons on the post HERE.  You have until the 8th at midnight to enter. 

I will be back on Monday with a tutorial on creating a different fabric flower as it seems time to add to the tutorials tab, don't you think?

Enjoy your weekend!  Any crafty challenges  you are setting for yourself? 

Andrea

4 comments:

Geri said...

This is an awesome layout, Andrea! I don't know how you could improve these any...I've always loved your layouts!!! The card is as sweet as it can be also! Thanks so much for mentioning me here, so sweet of you to do so... and Dyane has given me such a warm welcome...can't say how much I appreciate it! Have a great day!!!

Danni said...

Amazing creations!!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous layout and card!

Lisa said...

What a handsome little fella he is and your page is perfect for him, love all of your sweet details. FUN card today too those blooms are the best!