Friday, January 4, 2013

on the mend...


Happy Friday!   Yesterday was full of converting the living room into a giant fort using as many sheets and blankets as we could find, cleaning, opening all of the windows to welcome in the fresh air and just enjoy the last few days of having my boys home before school starts up again.  If all else fails, and there is nothing to do, build a fort!  As it rains outside today, my boys and I have planned a special dinner, clean house and a few handmade cards for daddy.  Their first reaction..."why?" ...my response..."because".  I think I won :)
Today I posted a little something on Riddersholm Design using some of my favorite papers from Bello Pastello and fun vintage embellishments.  Additional supplies include Pink Paislee Secret Crush tag and heart, Maya Road flowers, Pink Persimmon stamp, vintage doily, vintage button, vintage clip and tinsel from Vintage Street Market and chipboard die cut.  My mother recently gave me a very large bag of vintage black buttons...I AM IN LOVE and would love to send some to one of you.
There is over a 1/2 cup of vintage buttons.  All you have to do is leave a comment here by Jan. 8th by midnight and I will choose two (2) who will be able to add these beauties to their collection. 

One last project that I had completed a little while back for Therm O Web (quilt show).  Using amazing products from Therm O Web, Pat Sloan fabrics and amazing easy to follow patterns from Lazy Girl Designs.
This was my first time creating a bag and, although I saw a few little oops, I loved the finished look.  And the red is just so cheery!

Don't forget to enter a comment here is you are interested in these buttons above.  I have plenty to share...

Andrea

P.S.  My crafty challenge of the day:  Use repetitive stamping and  scrap bin paper pieces/embellishments in a card and altered item...maybe try a layout?  Let's use those older products as well...

12 comments:

  1. Am LOVING that bag! Might have to check out those links. Thanks for the chance to win. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still swooning over those pretty felt blooms alongside your vintage lady! I'm completely addicted to buttons ~ what a fun gift from your mom. Awesome job on your tote bag, perfect fabric choices...polka dots ~squeal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card, Andrea! And the bag...I think I remember that being mentioned awhile back with a little panic in your 'voice'. It sure turned out great! Looks perfect from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such pretty projects!! Love them! And congrats on Pink Paislee for another term...you fit so perfectly with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a very pretty bag, Andrea!! And your felt flowers...always a beauty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally lovely!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, pretty buttons, pretty bag... Love the library clip with the ticket on your card... and those buttons are awesome! I have a hoarding problem when it comes to buttons. :o)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love your layered card. You always inspire me, but I can't do it as well as you do! That red bag is so sweet!
    Thanks for the chance to win:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all you sound like a cool Mom-kids of all ages love to make a house or fort like that! I love the cards shown, especially the one with the felt and tissue flowers on it. I agree it's like a "ray of sunshine" with the colors used. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is very cute & colorful!! Would love some of your vintage buttons - adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your projects are so beautiful. I especially admire those who can sew as I really cant. I do a fair job on my cards where I can hide and mistakes with emblishments! Hehe. Thanks for the chance to win some buttons!
    Kaylene

    ReplyDelete