Wednesday, January 30, 2013

queen of hearts...


Is it really Wednesday already? Boy, time is flying by and there is a list of things to do.  Keeping my fingers crossed it rains today and that my cozy craft space keeps me company.  This is post one of two today.  Starting with a little Lily Bee to kick start the morning.  This week is all about love...and oh how I have enjoyed this theme.


I began this card by freehand cutting the heart, added blocks of paper for a quilt effect and backed it with cardstock that I freehand cut a scallop border.  Stamped away and added a banner using pink wire I recently picked up at the craft store.  Also, you may recognize the background cream and pink paper...the stamp set insert from the persnickety stamp set.  I love to reuse it all!


There is something about Valentine's Day and Spring that go hand and hand for me.  Maybe it is all that pink, but in this second card I freehand cut each layer of this flower. 


As I have stated before, this is my type of flower.  No watering and always full of color.  Check out Leslie's gorgeous layered cards as well by checking out the Lily Bee blog today.

On to share more shortly...

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Gotta case this one! I love the busy banner with layers and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness! I love the cute banner on the first card and you everlasting flower on your second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this design. I like how you made the heart on the first card and the flower on your second card.

    ReplyDelete