Tuesday, February 26, 2013

all about the boy...

Yarn Information: If you are looking for the yarn used in my pom-pom tutorial it is Martha Stewart's cotton hemp (blue icing for bunny and lemon drop for chick). 
Happy Tuesday!  Preparing for a couple of days of creating away.  My ideas are sketched out, my craft space is clean and the coffee is brewing.  Just can't believe that the end of February is only two days away!  Time to put that in the back of my mind today though and share a few projects.  As I mentioned yesterday I have been asked to design for The Scrappy Boutique using their amazing product samplers.  Sharing a couple of layouts using both the Uncharted Waters Glitz and Color Me Happy Glitz samplers.


Love this photo of my now six year old.  His first time on a swing.  Loved pairing this photo with these papers and embellishments.  So happy!  This second layout is using the Color Me Happy sampler...


All of that bright red and yellow.  Used a few additional items, such as American Crafts thickers and paint.


This photo is also from almost six years ago.  Those cheeks....love my boys!  Make sure to keep checking back throughout the week as I will be posting more projects using the samplers from Scrappy Boutique.

Next, something to put a little hop in your step today.  This week over on the Therm O Web blog, it is all about Pinterest inspiration.  Mine?

photo
After digging into my fabric stash, I found strips of torn fabric to create a little something shabby chic, quilted and springy.



To create this basket weave pillow head on over to Therm O Web for instructions.  Topped the pillow with a bunny applique created from an outline found on Pinterest, white fabric, felt flowers and a handmade pom-pom (you should know by now how much I love these). 


Have a creative day and enjoy no matter how big or small your moment or project is!  Be back tomorrow with the winner of the giveaway and a few more projects!

Andrea

P.S:  This week Lily Bee is celebrating with a birthday themed blog hop...check it out.  Will be posting my project on Thursday!





5 comments:

Lisa said...

You little man is simply adorable...then & now! Cute LOs Andrea. Now lets talk about this bunny pillow ~ SWOON!!! Absolutely LOVE it to BITS!!!

Lea L. said...

Fabulous layouts!! You are totally rocking the Glitz! Love it!

selina.mcginn said...

Love your work.

Tracy Bohman said...

I received my fun goodie box today and love everything in it. Thanks again and I love your little creations and what cute boys. Tell me about the quilt in your post, love it.
Tracy

Diane said...

super cute...aren't these memories just the best...and love the bunny pillow, too!!