Thursday, March 14, 2013

did someone say CONFETTI...


Just saying the word "confetti" brings something to mind, right?  Fun...a little bit of this and that...color.  This week at American Crafts it is all about that one party favorite.  In the card above I began with the stitched garland paper banner as the foundation for my "string of confetti".  Layering on puffy stickers and punched circles from paper.


Do you ever find that you have scrap pieces of ribbon lying around that need to find a project home?  Here I cut ribbon, used a double sided adhesive sheet (like icraft from Therm O Web) layered on a piece of paper and added the pieces of ribbon.  Press down firmly to make sure the pieces are adhering to the to paper.  I then added stitching.


This last card uses the more traditional presentation of confetti in a glassine envelope; however, went a little larger with the pieces.  Created a bit of a shaker card effect.

Hope you enjoyed these projects and make sure to head on over to American Crafts to see some amazing layouts, altered projects and much more this week using CONFETTI!

Andrea

P.S.  I will be taking a couple of days to finish up a few project here and spend the weekend with friends.  Will be back on Monday with a new project tutorial and giveaway!  Stay tuned.

6 comments:

richardbreaks said...

These are so wonderful! I would love it so much if you would do a photo breakdown of how you manage to get so many elements into your cards, going layer by layer. Any chance you could grant that wish?

selina.mcginn said...

What a great way to use scraps. I too would like to see how you layer your projects. I love the border on the second card, but I like the last one the best overall.

April said...

Your cards are so cheery and pretty! Great job!

Elisah Chaplin said...

Very nicely done!! If by any chance you’d also like to join a GIVEAWAY of two handmade cuddly Swucans (mixed breed of swan and tucan)or three soft silk/cotton scarfs, be sure to take a look at this blog before March 20th:

http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be

This blog belongs to my mother, who has only just started blogging and is really over the moon with every new follower!

Lisa said...

Eeek what a sweet soft yellow bunny Andrea! Super springy projects today. Enjoy your weather, sounds divine ;)

Stephanie Buice said...

You my dear are one of my new favorites! Loving your blog :) will have to sign on to my computer to see if I can "follow" since my phone doesn't let me see your entire site. Found you through Pinterest :)