Monday, March 4, 2013

in the country...


After a week long visit with my parents they have headed back home today.  It is comforting to have them here.  Watching them together with my little men.  My father enjoys the laughter, my mother enjoys the cuddles and I enjoy seeing my boys soak it all up, reminding me of the love and attention I had growing up with my grandmothers.  The distance, much of the year, is too great.  There are days when packing up and moving back home seems like a good idea.  Just incredibly thankful for the trips we are able to take back and forth each year.  Today's project share fits perfectly with their visit too.



Time to go French Country with The Scrappy Boutique's Graphic 45 product sampler.  As I have mentioned over the past week, I have been shuffling through my photo box looking for the perfect (already printed) photos to use on my layouts.  For this layout I found two photos of my parents and older brother I still had from a scrapbook I created for them so many years ago.


Some of the colors in this collection reminded me of our little country house growing up.  Those were the days when my father sported a mustache.  Love these photos and missing them already!


When you have a sampler...gotta make a card too (well, in my craft space that is done).


Most of the product samplers are complete with tulle, and boy do I love the look.  Stay tuned to my Pink Paislee post on Wednesday to see other ways of using tulle as an accent.

Also, the winner of the craft supplies from last weeks giveaway is CYNTHIA B.  (#39)!  Make sure to send me an email with your address and I will ship them off this week.

I will be posting a few of my most recent creations in my Etsy shop this week, setting up another giveaway and sharing a new flower tutorial as well.  A fun week ahead and hope you can join me!

Andrea

3 comments:

Geri said...

So pretty, Andrea!! Your boys are so lucky to have grandparents in their lives!!! (I know you know that!;)

Kate Eschbach said...

Oh, I so relate. There are days moving back to Texas seem like a brilliant idea!

Lisa said...

These are charming Andrea, what a fun collection. I love to go back through old fmaily photos, so many wonderful memories!!