Thursday, April 25, 2013

orange craze...



Ready for a bit of orange today?  A color that is popping up everywhere and making its way to our house a little here and a little there.  Today it is in my craft space...and boy is it cheery and bright.  This week at American Crafts it is all about stamping.


My kids had a box of wood pieces out on the table one day and I discovered these squares.  The brain starts up and here we are.  Stamped onto the pieces and backed with foam adhesive to attach them to the card.  Added a few stickers and the card is complete.


On to the flowers...always a go to for stamping.


Note:  The notebook paper for the card is slightly taller than the card under, which is why you don't see the folded card behind it.  It lies just below the holes.

I have been in love this picture frame stamp since I first laid eyes on it.  I removed the center and adhered it to punched corrugated paper.  This then creates a dimensional frame for the card background with a sticker peeking through.


In this card I created a stamped background using ink and Copic markers.


And that is a wrap for today.  I am excited to run out quickly and pick up a coffee.  This is a treat as I actually have to jump in the car and drive ten minutes down the road to get it, but today it is necessary.  (I often don't use the car during the week since school, gym, etc. are all within a 5 minute walk.) The house is a bit of a mess, the groceries are slim and at some point the gym is on the schedule.  One extra large latte is calling my name...see you tomorrow.  I have picked a winner for the paper and have a new giveaway to share then as well.

Andrea

4 comments:

  1. These are OUTSTANDING. Can you explain how the flower card works as a card? does it open? The spiral notebook top is what's confusing me. It sure is gorgeous, though! They all are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure sweetness Andrea! I love the variety today, all different yet full of spring and happiness. Enjoy your coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I love those cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete