Tuesday, April 30, 2013

patchwork stitch...


Have been in the quilting mode, well...only in thought I guess I should say, and it is coming out in my creative process this week.  My good friend is expecting her long awaited second baby in a few months and I am in the brainstorming phase of creating a baby quilt.  Asking a few questions here and there for color ideas, themes, etc. and almost ready to browse the fabric store for the perfect printed pieces.  So, as I am decide on that...a little paper piecing anyone?


This is quite a bit simpler than cutting and stitching together fabric but practice all the same.  To create the base of the card and tag I just cut small squares...not perfectly cut that is... from scrap pieces of paper.  Added adhesive to the backside of each as I placed them in rows.  Stitched along the border and used the Amy Tangerine stitching sets to add the "x" for added color.


Used layers of stickers, an small orange envelope, ribbon and brads to complete the card and tags.  As I am able to get out and about tomorrow, I will have to find a fabric store and pop in for a visit.  I am in love with this though...

photo
Those are not her colors, but I love them!  Here is what she is thinking...

photo
More of the brown and pink, but love this collection too.  This is what I was thinking for the design.

photo
I love the use of jelly roll strips.  Seems like an easy way to create something so beautiful.  Better get started soon though as I will be putting together her shower for June...yikes!    Have you ever created a quilt for someone?

Andrea

5 comments:

  1. I adore your cards - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and cheery! Love the extra stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are very talented! Thank you so much for sharing so much of yourself here with your interested and curious followers and visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete