Tuesday, May 7, 2013

comfy, cozy...


It was one of those days when things were just a tad bit out of sync yesterday, but...I found my happy place right on our couch.


The day came to a comfy, cozy close with a few moments cuddled on the couch with my two boys...and oh how I needed that.  There is some kind of trend in our home with blankets finding their way from the hall closet upstairs to the couch, floor, office and everywhere else you can think of downstairs each and every day.  Yesterday, like any other day, there were a total of three; however, found a couple little ones that needed some time wrapped up and resting in them.  So, I snapped my photo and woke up the morning ready to create.

 
Can you see where I got my inspiration?  I thought of all the blankets that I see during a day, picked a few papers that felt warm and cozy to me and this is what I got. The layers of paper were just curled over using the tip of a paint brush.



Supplies: My Mind's Eye (paper), Authentique (paper), October Afternoon (playing card), Simple Stories (paper, stickers), Studio Calico (tape), Prairie Bird Boutique (ribbon), Epiphany Crafts (circle punch),  American Crafts (foam dots), Heidi Swapp (paper), Therm O Web (adhesive runner), Papertrey Ink (ink, stamp, die, button, cardstock), staples, sewing machine.

Also...if you enter one of my giveaways and wondered if you were the winner?

American Crafts Bundle - Ellie Augustin

Lily Bee Bundle - Jan Farnworth

Paper/Thicker/Ribbon Bundle - SuzeQ 

If you can take a moment to send me your mailing information at andreascreativepapertrail@hotmail.com I will get these in the mail.  Thank you everyone and only 14 more days until I do a giveaway of my happy projects!

Off for my daily run and workout.  Maybe I will find something along the way that will make me happy...maybe the family of deer that I pass each day.

Enjoy and if you get a moment to...craft away!

Andrea  

Note:  I have added a page above which details the "Happy Project" as I go if you would like to see what I am doing along with the photos and projects. 

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet photo Andrea, I hope he's feeling better today. I love your project today with the pretty bloom and curled papers. Hope you found some happy on your run ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you a tomorrow full of happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome little face! And I adore the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sooooooo much for pulling my name. Looking forward to receiving my giveaway package. LOVE your card, too!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking at your creations make me HAPPY. thank you for that... and i always wonder why your photos are so very sharp and clean...

    ReplyDelete