Wednesday, May 22, 2013

cutting circles...


There is something so amazing about picking up a pair of scissors and cutting away.  The lines aren't perfect, the shapes kind of just evolve and when all is said and done...I LOVE it...most of the time!  Today's happy project #12 is all about making it unique, simple and one of my favorite...layered!

  
As you may have recalled, I created digital baby shower invitations using this gorgeous photo below as my inspiration...


I tried to layer as much pink as possible, but there is only so much time in my day for that so I did as much as I could.  Following this, I have begun to work on a few of the party details, starting with the favor tags.


Supplies: TAG - American Crafts (paper), My Mind's Eye (paper), Pebbles (paper), Papretrey Ink (stamp, ink, cardstock, die), Therm O Web (adhesive).

Found a few pieces of scrap paper in the bin and went to cutting the leaves and flower layers by hand.  The tags were created from Papertrey Ink's die and stamped with a Papertrey Ink sentiment as well.  I have been trying to think of a favor and like the idea of a felt flower brooch.


Supplies: CARD - Cosmo Cricket (paper), DCWV (paper), October Afternoon (paper), Pink Paislee (tag), Martha Stewart (decorative tape), Papertrey Ink (stamp, sentiment), May Arts (ribbon), Making Memories (staples, paperclip, safety pin), American Crafts (foam adhesive, stamp), Epiphany Crafts (circle punch small/large), Therm O Web (adhesive), kraft pocket, felt, yarn.

Although this one ended up on the card, think it may be the winner for the favor.  Well, time to get project #13 underway and complete.  It keeps changing, but think I may have found a direction...think recycle.

What do you enjoy making with just your scissors as your guide?

Andrea

4 comments:

  1. The favor tags are as sweet as can be Andrea, can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cutting too! and how awesome is this idea.. doing it right now :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it ALL!!! I missed the digital invite so it's nice to see it all together! LOVE the felt flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags and pin! Love the two tone chalkboard look! Cannot wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete