Monday, May 6, 2013

doily...

 

Taking a little trip down memory lane with this project today.  We have been cleaning out our garage and came across my big box of high school and college keepsakes...boy did that get the ball rollin' and led me to snap this photo...


Stacks of photos that made for a great few hours of sorting through and reminiscing with my BFF and husband.  We all went to middle and high school together, spent many....many days, months and years snapping photos of our trips and days hanging around our family homes.  This made me happy...yes it did.  While digging through the box I came across an old doily and thought I hit the jackpot...where crafting is concerned that is :)  See my BFF and I used to call each other doily.  I think it is from a movie, but still love saying it once and awhile.  Then...it was time to get to work using it...


I began with layers of fabric, Therm O Web fusible web (heavy), cotton batting, fabric, burlap and Therm O Web spray adhesive (iron on) and stitched...stitched and stitched some more.  I then found a few little vintage style paper pieces in my embellishment box, glass beads, vintage style bracelets and pink pom-pom to complete the look.  Although the photo does show it, I purchased a wooden craft hanger from Jo-Ann's the other day (always like to pick up a few extras for $1) which was painted and then I tied the quilted piece onto it. 


Supplies: Therm O Web (fusible web, adhesive, spray adhesive), Studio Calico (wood pieces, lace from May card kit), Papertrey Ink (ink, stamp, buttons), Cricut (die cut shape from A Child's Year), Making Memories (vintage bracelets), Glitz (stamp), My Mind's Eye (tag), SEI (die cuts), Stampington (fabric bag), ribbon, lace,  glitter, vintage tag, stick pin, fabric, batting, pom-pom, burlap.

Love the comments on the day# 4 post.  I will have to try that crunchy pb!   Things have started off a little rough today, one boy home from school and the other not happy he had to go alone.  Will wait until later to snap a photo as there will be a bright moment in the day to capture! 

Hope you are having a great start to your day, but if not (since that does happen)...hope you can find a bright moment as well!

Andrea

3 comments:

  1. Love the vintage look to these Andrea and the fun wooden elements! I love to go through old photos now and again. Look at the clothing styles and wonder what WERE we thinking!!! Hope your day picks up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post today! Not only the pretty and awesome projects, but what you wrote as well. thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! Love the little bit of Glitz I am seeing here & there!! :)

    ReplyDelete