Friday, May 3, 2013

growing sweetness...


The days have been a bit cloudy and drizzly here this week and, although taking a puppy out in it is not enjoyable (ok, maybe just a bit), our garden has been soaking up all of the extra water and things are finally beginning to grow!  First thing yesterday morning I woke up and snapped a few photos of our plants, which brings me to day #2 of happiness.

 
We have a total of five yummy snack size peppers growing and how I just love that, while we are inside staying out of the rain they are soaking it up.  It takes a lot of watching over, feeding and patience...something I am learning more and more every day.  So just this one photo gave me creative energy to create a card and bookmark set that took one full day of back and forth from chores to quiet time.


I have had this stamp set for quite some time, has been used many times over and has a special place front and center in one of my stamp bins.  Not so good with markers, but this one I can handle.  There is so much detail in the stamp itself that it really needs very little color. 


Supplies:  CARD - DCWV (paper), Simple Stories (paper, tag), Authentique (tag), Papertrey Ink (button, cardstock), Prairie Bird Boutique (ribbon), Webster's Pages (tulle), My Mind's Eye (strawberry paper), American Crafts (stitch tool, paper), Therm O Web (adhesives), Maya Road (stick pin), staple, adhesive pearls, glitter, glossy accents, markers, stamp, yarn.  BOOKMARK -  DCWV (paper), Spellbinders (scallop die), Papertrey Ink (label die, sun die: strawberry), Quickutz (scallop die: strawberry), Therm O Web (adhesive), Martha Stewart (decorative tape), sewing machine, stamp, yarn, felt, silver bead crimp, craft glue, beads, markers.  

I had finished the card yesterday when I realized that I wanted to create an additional item and came across the following on Pinterest...

photo
I substituted the fabric for paper for the bookmark, but how adorable is that?  If you get a chance head on over to her blog and see all of the amazing fabric creations.  We have, or had rather, two strawberries in the garden ready to be picked until the rain made them all mushy.  That's ok though, many more to come.

Hope you enjoyed the second day of my little project.  Already have today's in mind and ready to get creative.  Enjoy your day and HAPPY creating!

Andrea

P.S.  Thanks for the comments yesterday.  It was not such a fun puppy day, but today is starting much better.  Thank goodness it is Friday!  Also, if you are celebrating National Scrapbook Day...


If you share this photo on facebook HERE you will be entered to win the giveaway...enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and delicate, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a gratitude journal! I love, love your idea of 100 days of things that make you happy! As always, you are so creative and the colors and ideas are beautiful.
    Sherri in Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love the berry stamp!! Sweet creations Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, thank you so much Andrea!!! It's so sweet you took inspiration from my bookmark!
    You are an artist and I'm really honored!
    Hugs from Italy :)

    ReplyDelete