Saturday, May 4, 2013

hard work...


Many years have been filled with excuses to avoid setting priorities in my life.  Almost four months ago now things finally fell in to place and my daily life has been filled with activities and people that keep me healthy, happy and oh so looking forward to tomorrow.  When I began day #3 of this project I snapped this photo.


These tennis shoes are put on every day, as you can tell by the scuffs I'm sure.  They seem to send a signal to my brain...it's time to get up and work hard.  And there is something about that bit of bright pink along the bottom that help make it fun.  So how did this kick start my creative process today?  


I began by printing this photo in black and white (that is the only printer cartridge with a bit of ink left).  I then used a Heidi Swapp file folder, Pink Paislee coffee filter paper (She Art), Color Shine (needed some color) speckled throughout to represent the sweat and tears shed with each workout and the perfect quote.  
photo
The photo has been mounted on a 5" x 7" piece of canvas board (you can find at your local craft store).  Gives it that true artist feel I think.


Once I added to the wall hang, punched holes, added ribbon and finished it off with buttons.  Then on to some fun with felt. 


Can you guess what that is?  A little, itsy bitsy, tiny pocket keychain for my iPod.    Super easy to create.  I used the same Spellbinder scallop die cut that I used for the bookmark from day #2 project yesterday.  Stitched on hand cut felt pieces, cut in a button hole, stitched up the sides and add a key chain to one end and a hole in the top left for the headphones to be inserted.  Always room for some cute accessory, right?  And what completes a project...a card of course.



Supplies: Heidi Swapp (paper, file folder, Color Shine, sticker label), Pink Paislee (chipboard star, yellow paper, coffee filter paper, alpha stickers), Studio Calico (gold star, wood piece), American Crafts (alpha stickers), Papertrey Ink (button, cardstock), DCWV (paper), Therm O Web (adhesive), Spellbinder (scallop rectangle die) felt, keychain, beads, staples, sewing machine, canvas board.

There is so much more I could have created from this one inspirational photo, but time to move forward and capture day #4.  Being that it is National Scrapbook Day, may take a moment to snap a few photos and create a project based on your happy place today.  Believe when I say, it is a happy maker and we are only in three days.

blog
Stay tuned for the second post of the day...American Crafts blog hop!

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Delightful Andrea and I am swooning over the sweet ipod holder!!!

    ReplyDelete