Thursday, May 9, 2013

no color needed...


Into the second half and second post of the day.  So much to look forward to today.  My oldest is off on his field trip, I get one full hour with my littlest man after school before the buses return from the zoo and I just completed day #8 of the happy project.  Gives me just enough time to clean the house, get in a run and maybe take a few moments to thin the plants in the garden.  

This project today makes me smile and let out a little giggle.  My youngest was home with me yesterday and ended up as my little shadow.  After completing my workout in the living room I asked if he wanted to jump rope with me.  We headed into the garage and pulled out two jump ropes that have gone unused for some time.  Gotta say that we had a blast.  He kept counting, jumping and was thrilled that he could do a little more each time.  


Does this remind you of school?  I remember these in our circuit training during PE...not so much of a fan then, but now quite fun.  What inspired me with this project? 


Had so much fun creating this.  Created a striped background using strips of printed black paper and cardstock.  Loved looking through my collection of embellishments and finding just the black and white pieces.  Added a little color with ink brushed chipboard hearts and button.  I didn't want to stop there though...


Found it a bit difficult to photograph this, especially since my photos wouldn't print true black and white; however, still enjoyed creating it just the same.  Found a few pieces of black and white patterned paper in my scrap bin, more chipboard pieces and rub-ons.  Of course, there is always a need now for a bit of Color Shine paint!



Supplies: CARD - Pink Paislee (coffee filter paper, chipboard, paper, flowers, #2, rub-ons), Hambly (paper), American Crafts (stamp, cardstock, stickers), Heidi Swapp (Color Shine), Papertrey Ink (stamp, ink), Therm O Web (adhesive), lace, staples, adhesive pearls, sewing machine. Layout - Pink Paislee (tab, frame, coffee filter paper, chipboard, paper, rub-ons), Hambly (paper), American Crafts (paper, cardstock), Heidi Swapp (Color Shine), Papertrey Ink (button), Therm O Web (adhesive), SEI (paper), May Arts (ribbon), staples, sewing machine.

As some one who loves combining several colors on one project, this was extremely enjoyable.  Maybe take a look around your craft space and find a few black and white pieces that you can create with?  

Andrea 


2 comments: